High limit slots machines are games that allow you to play for higher stakes. In this type of games, you can wager hundreds per spin. If you compare them to low limit slots, you can easily see they have numerous advantages than the latter counterparts. High limit slots not only generate exciting and engaging experience but also include an overall higher payout rate if you are lucky enough to hit the right symbols. Moreover, if you play them in a land-based casino, you can enjoy playing in a dedicated, exclusive area. And finally, if you are a high roller you can take advantage of exceptional perks, which won`t be available on low limit slot machines.
Choosing a Denomination
Many online casinos will allow a wide range of coin denominations on their slot machines. So, before you start your gameplay, it is a good idea to select a denomination. This may sound like hard work, but actually, a little knowledge and some maths skills will help you make the best decision.
One thing you need to know is that the payout rate grows in parallel to the size of the denomination. That is no surprise. If we presume that you own a gambling venue, then certainly you would like to increase the amount of money you make per square foot. Knowing that penny slot machines take the same space as $25 slots you should think of a way to profit from both games. The trick is to maximize your average winnings on the low limit games by minimizing the payout rate. To sum up, your casino will have an edge, no matter what the payout percentage is, in the long term you should always make a profit.
Now that is all covered, and we get back to the player’s point of view you have probably realized that it is not a good idea to gamble more than you can afford, just to increase your payout percentage. Practically speaking, your goal should be more fun with minimal losses. Then going on a trip with 500$ in your pocket, you choose a game with $25 per spin and you lose your whole bankroll in a matter of minutes would not be much fun, right?
How do you make the math?
Statistics has it that the mass slot gamers make 600 wagers on an hourly basis. To calculate your loss, you will need basic multiplication and guesswork. Let`s take Nevada for our example. The slots there have a max house advantage of 25%. The worst situation that may happen is to lose 25% of each bet that you make. With that information in mind, you can do this simple calculation to predict your losses:
600 hourly bets x $25 per spin X 25% the max house edge = $3750 hourly loss.
These numbers may shock you at first sight, but this will be the case only if you do not choose a game with a better payout percentage. So the first thing you need to do before starting to play with real money is to find a slot with decent payout rates. This could be a game with a 90% payout percentage, which will result in only 10% loss. Now the figure changes drastically. If you do the equation with the same number of spins on an hourly basis, you will get $1500 per hour. Fair enough.
If this sounds a bit too much for you and you prefer to keep it low, then you should probably stick to penny slots. This way even with a 25% edge you will lose only $1.50. You can play longer time with this amount of loss, but at a point, you will certainly get bored beyond belief.
It would be best if you try to find a denomination that is somewhere in between high and low limit slots. Your aim should be to play slot games that are high enough to keep you entertained, and at the same time affordable enough, so they do not empty your pockets.
Another source for guidance is the book “Poker Night: Winning at Home, at the Casino, and Beyond” by John Vorhaus, where he gives you a closer look at his “gulp limit” principle. This concept is used when you try to define the amount of your gaming bankroll. It should be big enough, so you would gulp if you happen to lose it.
How long would you like to play?
When you come up with the numbers of your gambling bankroll, think of how much time you would like to spend playing and reverse the equation that we have previously discussed to find out your denomination. To make things clear, again we will give you an example.
Let`s presume you are planning a trip to Vegas for one weekend. Your goal is 4-hour gameplay a day with minimum loss and maximum fun. This makes a total of 8-hour gambling. If you stick with penny slots we have mentioned above, you will be good to go with $10 or $20. Doesn`t it sound like much fun? This may be right, but if you choose 25$ slots, then be prepared with $12k for just two days. Below you can find other suggestions for reference of the same scenario:
- 5$ slots – from $5000 to $10,000;
- 1$ slots – from $1000 to $2000;
- Quarter slots – from $250 to $500;
- Nickel slots – $50 or $100.
These numbers may vary a lot and are given only as an example, and the objective is not to lose that exact sum. Your target should be to define the max time and most fun you can spend gaming within the lines of your budget.
Online High Limit Slots
While the majority of online casinos offer low limit slots like those in land-based casinos, there are still plenty which provide a wider betting range. There is a little hint that you should be aware of – certain players can be accommodated with high limit slots depending on the software the casino uses. Not all have this offer, but it is worth asking their customer service to send you a list of high limit games if they support high rolling.
Let`s not forget that some online games can already be played for higher stakes per spin. These games let you bet on multiple pay lines, and as a result, your wager can be pushed upward very fast. Let`s take a 5$ game with 9 pay lines per single spin, for instance, meaning your wager will go up to 45$ per spin. Certainly, this is not the highest numbers that can be found online, but it is quite enough to get you started and keep you going.
Most importantly, online casinos tend to offer higher payout percentages than their land-based counterparts, because they are operating at lower costs. Moreover, online casinos provide the convenience of playing privately anytime, anywhere and nevertheless, in the palm of your hand.
Comparing Online High Limit & Land-Based Slots
There is a significant difference between land-based casinos and online high limit slot games. The latter offer instant, real cash bonus games, which cannot be found in venues in Vegas, for example.
So, what should you expect when choosing high limit slots?
- First of all, you should look for casinos offering reliable banking. Undoubtedly, if you are a high roller and deal with big sums, you need reliable banking options, which provide fast and secure deposits and withdrawals. You can rest assured, knowing that all the casinos listed below have first class banking services with various options, increased limits and most of all the fastest withdrawals that can be found online.
- Secondly, professional around the clock customer service is a must. Whatever questions you might have or help that you need should be provided at any time of the day. Even so, high limit gamers should anticipate support directly from the venue`s manager. This way you can rest assured that all your requirements will be attended as fast as possible, 24/7 by a true expert in the field.
- Moreover, you should not forget the VIP bonuses and promotions. As in Las Vegas, the most reputable online casinos offer to their best customers one-of-a-kind promotions. The casinos that you will find listed here, provide excellent bonuses even for deposits such as $500, that are impossible to get with low limit games.
- Last but not least are the VIP Prizes. Our selection of online casinos give numerous spectacular rewards, some of which are not even advertised to their VIP gamblers. From deluxe vacations to designer watches, you will be pampered like no other.
If you are already interested in playing high limit slots online and you are wondering which site to choose, you should definitely start with Spin Palace. With more than 600 slot games in their portfolio from the best gaming companies in the world like Microgaming, you will truly have a great time. They offer the latest and classic Las Vegas style slots, also a professional customer support with the easiest and fastest options for deposit and withdrawals.
Las Vegas High Limit Slot Machines
You may find yourself wondering which are the top casinos for high rollers in Vegas. To avoid the hustle, we have done the work for you. Here we have selected the best names out there.
For quite some time, 3-reel slots have proven their reputation as one of the most valuable and preferred games. Amongst the most popular ones are Red White and Blue, Triple Diamonds and Double Diamonds. Another widely spread game is Wheels of Fortune. While most of the brands can be played with $10, $20 or even $100 per spin, Wheels of fortune allows wagers like $500 per spin!
Not far behind are 5-reel video slot games. Surprisingly, as much as we love newcomers like Wizard of Oz slots, traditional games are still more preferred. Classic names like Lobstermania and Cleopatra are still the majority of games found in high limit rooms.
Top High Limit Slots Rooms
All of the most reputable casinos in Vegas offer high limit slots. But if you find yourself not located in the very popular region there, but somewhere a little bit farther away, it will be harder to find them.
To make things easier, we have selected the three top gambling venues in Vegas offering high limit slot machines.
- Monte Carlo – They have a spectacular high limit slot room with various games including the incredible Texas Tea slot machine.
- Caesars Palace Casino – You can choose between two exclusive VIP rooms. Bear in mind, that one of them has staff. Also, there you can choose between numerous games even new video slots that are impossible to find anywhere else.
- Bally`s – The room in this casino has a nice location – right in the middle. It also has a wide gaming portfolio. Get ready to be pampered by the staff with free drinks all the time.
This is only a very limited selection of the casinos that are worth visiting to enjoy high limit slots. Vegas is the place to enjoy high limit slot rooms. To find the one that suits your taste, just plan a trip and choose your favorite.
The most common denominations for slots
Links for Slots Articles
- $200 Million Investment in Gambling (OLG’s new Operator in London)
- SlotsMillion Adds 80 new Slots to Portfolio (3D Virtual Reality Online Casino)